Receiving WIC Benefits
1. Are You Eligible?
WIC is for all types of families who meet the income guidelines: married and single parents, working or not working. Families who receive Medi-Cal/Medicaid, CalFresh/SNAP, or CalWorks qualify. If you are a father, mother, grandparent, foster parent, or a caretaker of a child under age five, you can apply for WIC online today.
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women up to one year of having a baby (postpartum)
- Non-breastfeeding women up to six months postpartum
- Women who had a pregnancy loss in the past six months
- Infants and children under five years old
- All foster children under five years old
- Fathers, grandparents, and caretakers may receive vouchers for eligible infants and children
2. Apply for WIC
It’s easy! Click the button below and enter your name, address, phone number, and some basic information so we can better help you. We will contact you within 72 hours to help you complete your WIC application.
3. Go to a WIC Office Near You
To finish your enrollment, visit your local WIC office with your children under age five and bring the following items with you. If you do not have one or more of these items right now, ask us for other options.
- An ID for yourself and your children under five. Examples of ID are Medi-Cal Card, photo ID, or birth certificate.
- Proof of your address. This can be any piece of mail with your name and current address, a rent receipt, bill, or Medi-Cal card.
- Proof of your income. This can be your Medi-Cal card, CalFresh benefits letter, disability, SSI or unemployment insurance letter, recent paycheck stub, or tax return.
At your first WIC visit, you will learn about your rights and responsibilities as a WIC participant. You will also get a personal WIC ID folder, a list of resources for your family, and vouchers/checks for healthy foods. WIC staff will show you how to use the checks at the grocery store.
4. Shop for Food Using WIC Vouchers
Bring your WIC folder, your WIC checks/vouchers, and shopping guide to the grocery store. Most grocery stores accept WIC. Look for the California WIC logo in a store’s front window.
5. Stick with WIC
We’re here for you. Keep coming back to WIC for your monthly food vouchers/checks and use all of the health education, breastfeeding support, and family resources available to you to help you and your children thrive. Families who participate in WIC have lower risk of preterm births and childhood obesity. That’s why it’s so important that everyone who is eligible to “stick with WIC” until children are five years old. Families grow healthy when they sign up for WIC! If you have any further questions on how WIC works, please feel free to contact us or visit our office at any time.