How to Get Your WIC Vouchers or Checks
The WIC program provides monthly vouchers (often called WIC checks), to purchase healthy foods at most grocery stores. Not everything at the grocery store is eligible for purchase with your WIC voucher/check, so know before you go.
Find a WIC Authorized Grocery Store
WIC stores and other grocery stores that sell WIC foods have a WIC logo in the front window. Look for the logo to know where to shop. In California, to find WIC authorized grocery stores near you, visit m.wic.ca.gov and click WIC Grocers.
Foods You Can Buy
The WIC food list includes vegetables and fruits, milk, eggs, beans, peanut butter, juice, cheese, yogurt, canned fish, baby food, infant WIC approved cereal, WIC baby formula, and whole grain foods like rice, bread, cereal, tortillas, and pasta. WIC vouchers/checks are worth $50-$150 each month.
Your WIC eligible foods will vary based on your child’s age, medical needs, and your preferences. Soy milk, lactose-free milk, and other options are also available for your WIC items.
When shopping, look at the “What to buy” section of your WIC voucher/check and choose WIC foods using this shopping guide.
- Take your signed WIC ID folder to the grocery store.
- Look for the WIC logo on store shelves to help you easily find WIC foods.
- Use your WIC vouchers/checks starting on the “first day to use” and no later than the “last day to use”.
- Tell the cashier right away that you are using WIC vouchers.
- The WIC fruit and vegetables voucher has a printed dollar value. If your purchase costs more than the amount on the voucher, you can pay the extra amount.
- A trusted family member or friend, called your “alternate” can shop for you at the grocery store. Tell your WIC office who you would like to choose as your alternate.
If you have problems at the grocery store, here are some actions you can take.
- Ask to speak to the store manager.
- If you are not satisfied, contact PHFE WIC at (888) 942-2229.
- In California, contact the state WIC program at (800) 852-5770 or email@example.com.
- Save your store receipt.
- Report the following information:
- Store name
- Names of store staff involved
- Details of the situation