At each WIC appointment during your pregnancy, we will provide you with personalized pregnancy information. These “in-person” discussions are tailored and specific for each trimester of your pregnancy. Learn about how your baby is growing, how to nourish your baby, and much more!
1st trimester discussion includes:
- Increasing knowledge towards breastfeeding
- Barriers and common concerns about breastfeeding
- Benefits of breastfeeding
2nd trimester discussion includes:
- When the body starts making breast milk
- How to breastfeed
- When to breastfeed
3rd trimester discussion includes:
- Preparing for breastfeeding in the hospital
- Ways that family, friends, and doctors can support breastfeeding
- How WIC supports mothers
See you in the prenatal discussion at your next WIC appointment.