Free tests are now available for all L.A. County residents whether or not they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
Those who are experiencing Coronavirus symptoms will be prioritized for same day or next day testing. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills
- Muscle or body aches
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat
- New loss of sense or smell
You should contact your Health Care Provider to get a test at their facility. If you do not have this care, testing is available across the county; there are drive-up and walk-up testing sites. Testing is available by appointment only. Here are the steps for getting a test appointment:
- Click here to find a testing site near you (Los Angeles County & Orange County)
- Answer a series of questions. The answers determine if you are eligible for an appointment.
- If you are eligible, you will receive an appointment confirmation number by email.
- Bring the confirmation number and some type of personal identification to your appointment.
- People with no access to the Internet can dial 2-1-1 for help making an appointment.
- For a list of frequently asked questions, go to covid19.lacounty.gov/testing-faq/
- Watch this helpful instructional video to prepare you to take the test.
The turnaround time for test results may vary. Positive test results will be notified with a phone call. Negative test results will be notified by email, text, or phone call.
The following factors do not affect eligibility for a COVID-19 test:
- Immigration status
- Insurance status
- Underlying health issues
For more information, visit COVID19.CA.GOV.
Orange County COVID-19 Testing Information