The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced a recall for several Jif peanut butter products due to potential salmonella contamination. Salmonella is a bacteria that affects the stomach and the intestines and can lead to illness.
The recalled products have lot code numbers between 1274425 through 2140425, and the first seven digits end with 425. Click here for the list of recalled products.
The following products may also be part of the recall:
- Jif Creamy Peanut Butter – 16 oz.
- Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter – 16 oz.
What you should do:
- Check if you have Jif peanut butter in your home.
- Locate the lot code, under the ‘Best If Used By’ date.
- In the lot code, if the first four digits are between 1274 and 2140, and if the next three numbers after that are ‘425’, this product has been recalled and you should not consume this product. See product image here.
- Who to Contact
For further questions or concerns, please text us at 91997 to speak with a WIC counselor.