All parents with young children should have access to skilled breastfeeding and chestfeeding counseling and support from health facilities, workplaces, and communities. WIC is committed to being part of parents’ support system by providing free services by phone, online, virtually, and via in-person visits.
Every year, August 1-7 we celebrate World Breastfeeding Week. This year the theme “Protect Breastfeeding: A Shared Responsibility” reminds us of the critical role of WIC in parents’ support systems.
WIC Protects Breastfeeding and Chestfeeding
Infant feeding is a journey. WIC is here for parents every step of the way to to educate, empower, and encourage parents to reach their goals for feeding their babies. WIC educates parents about breastfeeding and chestfeeding basics, latches and holds, common challenges, going back to work, nursing in public, expressing milk, and more.
Breastfeeding and Chestfeeding services available to WIC participants include
- Infant Feeding Helpline (888) 278-6455
- Individual support from Lactation Consultants (virtual consultations and limited in-person visits).
- One-on-one education and counseling during and after pregnancy from Certified Lactation Educators
- Online Education available 24/7
- Prenatal virtual group classes
- Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program
- Virtual Support Groups in 7 Languages
- Cinnamoms Support Circles
- Breast Pumps
Click here for more information about WIC breastfeeding and chestfeeding services.