What a success! Wednesday, February 27, 2019 marked the Clementine Trolley’s first visit to WIC. Clementine is a beautiful mobile food pantry that serves Orange County through Community Action Partnership Orange County and The OC Food Bank. The trolley visited Santa Ana East WIC and was a total success! Clementine provides free food to families and served 55 families during their two hours at WIC. Families received fresh produce, diapers, canned food, frozen ground beef and turkey, organic frozen chicken, and frozen meals that were prepared by a gourmet chef using foods from the food bank. They also gave away brand new books. WIC participants received all of this on top of their WIC benefits!
Don’t miss out the next time Clementine comes to WIC!
Follow @phfewic on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
FAMILIA is a text messaging program that offers tips on family planning, improving nutrition and other health topics. For three months you’ll receive three healthy living texts in English or Spanish. Each message links to the FAMILIA website where you can find more information, apps, videos, and blogs related to the topic.
To sign up, text LAFAMILIA to 55000
Message and data rates may apply.
Happy National Nutrition Month! Invest in your health this March by making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits. Here are 10 ways to start.
- Discover the benefits of a healthy eating style.
- Choose foods and drinks that are good for your health.
- Include a variety of healthful foods from all of the food groups on a regular basis.
- Select healthier options when eating away from home.
- Be mindful of portion sizes. Eat and drink the amount that’s right for you, as MyPlate encourages us to do.
- Keep it simple. Eating right doesn’t have to be complicated.
- Make food safety part of your everyday routine.
- Help to reduce food waste by considering the foods you have on hand before buying more at the store.
- Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.
- Consult the nutrition experts. Registered Dietitian Nutritionists at WIC can provide sound, easy-to-follow personalized nutrition advice to meet your lifestyle, preferences and health-related needs.