Stay informed and visit the L.A. County Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) regularly for program updates during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
1. What do I have to do to prevent the termination of my CalFresh, CalWORKs, General Relief, Refugee Cash Assistance or Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic?
If you have an active case with DPSS for any program, you do not have to submit a SAR-7, QR-7 or annual recertification in March, April or May 2020. You do not need to call the office as your benefits will not be discontinued. The department will notify you when the recertification is required. Your benefits will continue at the prior level unless you have a mandatory report such as income over the Income Reporting Threshold or a loss in income that would result in supplemental benefits.
2. Does this mean that I do not need to submit a SAR-7 or recertification packet?
If your SAR-7 or renewal date is due in March, April or May 2020, you do not need to submit as your benefits with continue without any interruption.
3. What happens if I did not submit my February SAR-7/QR-7?
If your Report Month was January and your SAR-7 was due in February, your case is discontinued; therefore, you must reapply for benefits. If your Report Month was February and your SAR-7 was due in March, then you are exempt from having to submit a SAR-7 in March. The Governor’s Executive Order only waived SAR-7s due in the months of March, April and May 2020.
4. What if my case is currently terminated?
CalFresh and CalWORKs cases that are terminated as a result of a SAR-7 report or recertification due in the months of March, April or May 2020 will be reopened. If you do not receive your benefits by your pickup date, contact the Customer Service Center at 1-866-613-3777, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
5. I lost my EBT card, how do I get a replacement card?
Call the Customer Service Center at 1-866-613-3777, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to request a new card. If you are homeless, your new card can be mailed to a temporary address or you will be given an appointment to pick up your card at your nearest DPSS district office.
To register your new EBT card, please contact the EBT Customer Service line at (877) 328-9677 for assistance.
6. What if I lost income, can I report the change to increase my benefits?
Yes. Simply call the Customer Service Center and report your loss of income and EW will re-evaluate your case.
7. What is the waiting period once my application has been submitted for me to hear back on the status of my application?
The department has up to 30 days to process your application. However, if a household is eligible to Expedited Services CalFresh benefits or CalWORKs Immediate Need, your case may be approved much sooner
Click here to continue reading FAQ’s: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Content Source: Department of Public Social Services